Is it possible to contaminate the planets our astronauts or rovers visit? With current technology, it is impossible to send a completely sterile rover to Mars, and there could be up to 30,000 different microbes on the space traveler! Learn why this is not conducive to studying the water on the planet and the plans scientists have to handle the issue.
- Use as a unique method of studying microbe colonization
- Have pupils make a list of possible discoveries from studying a sample of water
- An understanding of the colonization of microbes is helpful
- Part of a larger SciShow Space series
- Incorporates real images from the Mars rover
- Highlights key biological and earth science topics with images and text