This Why Is Meningitis so Dangerous? video also includes:
Meningitis is scary and life-threatening—but preventable. Learn the science behind the disease and how to prevent contraction in a three-part lesson. Scholars first view a video describing the characteristics of meningitis and how people contract it, as well as its effect on the body's systems. They then answer questions about the video and follow that with a class discussion.
- Incorporate during a unit on diseases
- Invite a health care worker to speak on the subject of disease contraction and symptoms
- Some knowledge of the difference between bacteria and viruses is helpful
- Includes both reflection and discussion questions
- Provides additional resources for further investigation