This Why Is It so Hard to Cure ALS? video also includes:
Although discovered over 150 years ago, scientists still struggle to find a cure or treatment for ALS. Viewers of a short video learn about the challenges facing scientists in their attempts to help those who suffer from ALS.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use statistics to find out how likely it is for each of your students to eventually have ALS based on gender and ethnicity
- Invite a doctor to class to discuss the disease and the recent progress in treatments
- Prior knowledge of either Steven Hawking or Lou Gehrig is helpful, but not required
- Entire lesson allows for modification to fit your class goals and abilities
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes