This Why Does an Author Write? graphic organizer also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
To get to the heart of a writer's purpose, just remember to have some PIE (Persuade, Inform, or Entertain)! And appropriately, here is a PIE chart that leaves room for pupils to identify each letter of the acronym and any other ideas or notes you would like them to include.
- Have students fill in types or examples of writing that pertain to each writing motivation (i.e. editorials for persuasive writing, dictionaries for informing, fiction novels for entertainment, etc.)
- After taking notes on what each type of motivation entails for the writer, ask your learners to color in the area of the pie chart that they enjoy the most at this moment in time, or that they feel the most proficient in
- Simple and attractive worksheet
- Flexible for multiple use options