Our love of sweets can be traced back to our cavemen ancestors! The chemical makeup of sweet foods creates a strong source of energy in our diets. Glucose, sucrose, and fructose all have similar chemical structures that create the tastes we crave!
- Have pupils build sucrose, fructose, and glucose molecules and compare their structures
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for discussion and practice
- Individuals require Internet access if viewing the lesson independently
- Part of the ACS Reactions series
- Includes links to several resources for further research
- Provides several images and animations to add clarity to the explanations