This Why Can't Some Birds Fly? video also includes:
Back in the day, all birds had the ability to fly. Why would evolutionary adaptations take that away from some species? A video presentation discusses the cost of having the ability to fly and why that feature may not be ideal for some species. Following the video, individuals test their knowledge with a series of online questions.
- Use as an introduction to evolutionary adaptations
- Incorporate individual answers to questions in a class discussion
- Requires an understanding of predator-prey relationships
- Emphasizes new scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson
- Provides links to additional resources for further study