This Why Are Animals Getting Smaller? - From A to B video also includes:
Many believe dinosaurs were much larger than animals of today, but even the biggest dinosaur was only half the size of the average adult blue whale. Understanding why animals appear to be getting smaller starts with a discussion of natural selection and ends with questioning the underlying assumptions. The final video in the four-part Adaptations series uses a discussion between friends to hammer out some of the finer points.
- Have each pupil or small group pick a species and track its size over a large span of time
- Discuss the differences in natural selection and adaptations that breeding creates
- Relies on prior knowledge of animal adaptations and natural selection
- Typical conversation pacing makes the video easy to follow
- Material is great in either traditional or flipped classes