This Who Has the Longest First Name? lesson plan also includes:
Name that statistic! Classmates each write their name and the number of letters in it on a sticky note to place on the board. As a class, they determine the median, mode, and range of the name lengths, and create a dot plot of the data. They also act out a way to find the median by lining up on a number line made of tape.
- Use the lesson during the first few days of school to help scholars learn each other's names
- Requires sticky notes and masking tape
- Pupils should know how to make dot plots
- Kinesthetic learners appreciate the movement portions of the activity
- Shows sample data for instructors to reference