This Whitman and the American ‘Romantic’ Nature worksheet also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
Pupils read a short biography of Walt Whitman and a portion of Whitman's epic poem "Song of Myself." Readers then respond to a series of comprehension questions.
26 Views 19 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- If using the worksheet for guided practice, model how to use sentence context to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words like loafe and abeyance
- Include in the study of Whitman and poems from Leaves of Grass
- Have class members craft their own "Song of Myself"
- Print a test copy of the worksheet in black and white to check for legibility
- Scholars should be familiar with the characteristics of American romanticism and realism
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Also includes discussion questions for pairs or small groups
- No answer key included