This Where We Stand lesson plan also includes:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Academics learn strategies to share their opinions and agree or disagree with others in a respectful manner. The resource provides scenarios to help individuals form opinions and share them with their peers. Young historians use graphic organizers, participate in group discussion, and review essential vocabulary to form important strategies for sharing and listening to different opinions.
- Guide a group discussion on the importance of being respectful of others' differing opinions
- Set up a debate to help pupils discuss different opinions on important topics
- First installment of the four-part "Dealing With Dilemmas" series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource provides additional reading material to help enhance learning
- Lesson teaches appropriate ways to agree and disagree with others