This When We First Walked video also includes:
Out of all mammals, only humans walk on two feet. Discuss the current scientific understanding of when this specific adaptation began. A video shares facts about many different species and theories about why the shift occurred. New evidence in the fossil record changes the fascinating family tree, leading directly to us.
- Create a timeline of when each of these species lived
- Map each of the fossil finds
- Relies on prior knowledge of evolution, early humans, and geography
- Provides a long list of references for extended learning
- Works well in a traditional or flipped class