This What's Your Habitat? lesson plan also includes:
How do human habitats compare to animal habitats? Individuals begin their nature discovery by drawing their own habitats that extend beyond their houses. Pupils ensure their drawings include the four habitat elements of food, water, cover, and place to raise young. At the end, the class compares their habitats to other animal habitats or to habitats in space.
- Lead a discussion on the location of the major four habitat elements within a neighborhood
- Compare how habitats of humans differ around the world
- Requires class members to have a basic understanding of the needs of animals and humans
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides suggestions for older pupils
- Contains extension information