This What's Up With Your Gut Microbiome? video also includes:
Some scientists now consider the gut microbiome a distinct organ in the human body. Curious science scholars learn about this ecosystem thriving inside them and its important functions with a video from Our Hungry Planet. The 11th lesson in the 13-part series examines the gut, explains what it does, and how to treat it when it is out of balance.
- Add vocabulary to science journals
- Research specific illnesses treated by fecal transplant
- Does not rely on any information from earlier in the unit; easily stands alone as its own lesson
- Handles the concept of fecal transplant without being overly descriptive or gross
- Provides discussion questions and ideas for introducing the video