What is an engineer? Find out in a brief video that explores types of engineers and the three essential questions every engineer asks and answers. Additionally, pupils discover real world engineers that have made an impact on life today, such as Henry Ford and Marissa Mayer.
- Create a flipped classroom by assigning learners to watch the video at home in order to apply their new-found knowledge in class
- Extend the learning experience with a research report about an engineer of choice and a presentation of findings to peers
- The first in a series of 17 videos focusing on engineering; to view more videos, click the links at the end of the video
- Class members' engagement is enhanced through upbeat dialogue, cartoon graphics, and topic-related jokes
- The host speaks quickly which may prove challenging for some pupils to take notes or answer comprehension questions