This What Would Happen If Every Human Suddenly Disappeared? video also includes:
Humans constantly change the earth by building things, using natural resources, and relocating plants and animals. The lesson considers would happen to the planet if humans were gone. The narrator discusses the changes in buildings and infrastructure, the resurgence of some natural resources, and the changing habitats thanks to invasive species. Multiple choice and short-answer questions ensure comprehension.
- Connect the video and discussion to the concept of homeostasis
- Requires a free TedEd account
- Lesson is easy to customize; view ahead of time to determine what works for each class
- Links to additional resources for extending learning
- Provides subtitles in eight languages to encourage equal access to the content