This What Should Have Happened on Gilligan's Island? activity also includes:
"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale ..." Gilligan's Island is a classic that spans generations and offers a problem-solving opportunity for scholars. Take a project-based learning approach to examine the population of the island. Individuals use an exponential growth model to describe the potential population of the island following typical trends.
- After the lesson, research the population and growth rate of your city and complete the same analysis
- Incorporate as a performance task assessment
- Requires graphing calculators to analyze the function
- Includes a detailed solution guide and calculator instructions
- Provides background on Gilligan's Island for those not familiar