All mucus is not created equal! An ACS Reactions video lesson explains what the color and texture of mucus communicates. Its appearance can indicate the status of our immune systems as it contains important cells and chemical compounds for fighting viruses.
- Ask pupils to list five causes of increased mucus production after viewing the lesson
- Incorporate images from the video in a lesson presentation
- If making the video available for independent viewing, consider monitoring the YouTube comments for appropriateness
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes humor to help hold viewers' attention
- Provides an option for subtitles to aid in note taking