The Sarahah app may be free, but is it a good idea for teens? Learners listen as the narrator describes the Sarahah app in a video from an extensive digital citizenship series. The app, which accompanies Snapchat, allows users to send messages to other individuals, with the option to remain anonymous.
- Prior to starting the video, ask for a volunteer to describe what cyberbullying is
- Divide the class in half, and have each side create an argument for or against allowing teens to use the app
- Consider backing up the video with a review of the district's cyberbullying policy to be sure everyone knows the repercussions
- The resource is straightforward in describing the dangers of the app
- Examples and images put Sarahah in perspective for young viewers