This What is Going on with Grandma? activity & project also includes:
Pupils individually determine what they need to know about osteoporosis and how they will find that information. They share their thoughts with a partner before moving on to share with the class. The class arrives at a list of a set of areas to further research.
- Present a mini-lesson on compound probabilities
- Remind the class of the brainstorming process and that everyone's opinion is valued
- Acknowledge that some class members may not know how to find the information needed
- The second resource in a six-part unit
- The resource provides the answer for the calculated risk assessment question
- The activity takes the class through a similar process used by engineers