Watch as chemistry comes alive! Socratica's biology playlist kicks off with a simple video detailing the principle components of biochemistry. Content includes carbohydrates, proteins, and nucleic acids. The narrator describes each class of molecule in form and function to make sure the concept is clear.
- Show the video to introduce the four main classes of molecules that make up living things
- Have the class list examples of each type of molecule as they watch the video
- Students should know the basic elements that make up biological molecules, such as carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, and oxygen
- The narrator describes each class of molecule thoroughly
- Diagrams of each molecule help viewers understand the importance of their shapes as they relate to their functions