This What Happened to the World's Greatest Ape? video also includes:
Gigantopithecus was the greatest of the great apes! Whatever became of them? Take a journey to Asia and explore the forests and grasslands that were once home to the large primate using a video from an extentsive biology playlist. Biology scholars learn what the ape ate, how it survived in changing climate, and the factors that led to its extinction.
- Make the video part of a primate lesson or Ice Age study
- Pass out an interesting article for the class to read and dig deeper into the Pleistocene epoch
- Spend some time before the video discussing the characteristics of apes if learners are not yet familiar with them
- Presents a creative means of studying animal teeth to learn more about ancient habitats and animal behaviors
- The narrator skillfully shows the similarities between Gigantopithecus and modern ape species