This What Causes Constipation? video also includes:
Chronic constipation includes those people with fewer than five bowel movements per week. Understanding the causes of constipation helps determine appropriate treatments. Changes in diet, schedule, stress, and age alter the way our body digests food. After watching a video, viewers answer multiple-choice and open-answer questions.
- Share the Bristol stool scale mentioned in the video
- Discuss the dietary changes to help prevent constipation
- Consider the maturity of pupils and be prepared to control the discussion to keep it academic
- Content available to many thanks to closed captioning in over a dozen languages
- Cartoons depict the process clearly without offense
- Links to additional resources including videos, recent research, and lessons