White dwarfs are stars that refuse to die. A video begins with an explanation of the three fates of dying stars. The presentation explains the composition and life expectancy of a typical white dwarf.
1 Collection 11 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Pair the lesson with others in the series to create a unit on the life cycle of stars
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for questions and discussion
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- An entertaining presentation holds viewers' attention
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson