White blood cells are our body's tiniest warriors! How do they work? Biology scholars discover the types and functions of white blood cells through a video from an intriguing biology playlist. The resource profiles both types of white blood cells, describing their functions within the body.
- Include the video in a circulatory system unit or discussion of our body's defense mechanisms
- Add some live action by showing a video of a real white blood cell chasing down an invading bacterium
- Pupils should be familiar with the cells that make up blood before watching the video
- Animated white blood cells show viewers how they interact with pathogens
- Concise explanations make the resource perfect for younger viewers