Are vaccinations necessary in preventing illness? As part of a larger playlist, a short, yet informative video describes what vaccines are and how they work in the body. Viewers witness the introduction of the vaccine culture and how the body kicks into action to produce immunity to the foreign substance.
- Pupils may be curious about what vaccinations are needed; check out the suggested list available on the CDC website
- Start a discussion about vaccines students may have seen on TV, such as the flu or pneumonia vaccine
- Before starting the video, talk with the class for a moment about the types of immunity
- The video is a great addition to an immunity lesson or unit on public health
- As the narrator describes how vaccinations work, animated cells illustrate the process