This Watercraft activity & project also includes:
Whatever floats your boat—with some additional weight. The first activity in a five-part series challenges pupils to design a boat to hold pennies. Using the design process, learners design, build, and test their boats, making sure they stay afloat with the weight of 20 pennies on board.
- Research boat designs before the design phase
- Review the engineering design process with the class before the activity
- Needs several large containers of water to test the boats
- Includes suggestions for times for each segment
- Provides information to use as a hook or extension to the activity