This Vitamins and Health – Why Experts Disagree activity & project also includes:
Should people take vitamins or get the needed minerals through diet? Experts disagree based on many different factors. Scholars compare study findings and discuss the differences. They learn the importance of comparing results across time, from different research groups, as well as in multiple countries.
- Pre-teach the concept of statistical significance
- Invite a nutritionist to speak to the class
- Relies on prior knowledge of various types of scientific studies and research methods as well as a basic understanding of vitamins
- Highlights the importance of the scientific method in every type of study
- Applies directly to a topic many wonder about and may be currently applicable