Because autism manifests in so many different ways it is referred to as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). No one approach is appropriate for learners with autism. The idea of this packet if to provide a variety of approaches and materials that support individuals on the spectrum in their most effective learning modality. A tremendous resource for new and experienced professionals.
- Share the packet with parents and guardians
- Use the packet as the basis of an professional development opportunity for school staff
- Although designed specifically for learners with autism, the organization techniques may be used in any classroom to minimize distractions for all learners
- Presentation is in PDF format, rather than PPT
- The 59-page packet includes an explanation for why individuals with ASD respond well to visual supports, examples of visual supports, effective visually structured teaching techniques, and support routines