A colorful PowerPoint is a great way to introduce the topic of visual literacy. The eye-catching presentation begins with an overview of visual literacy and then provides some specific strategies to help enhance reading comprehension. As a bonus, it also includes some graphic organizers perfect for any reading lesson.
- Provide scholars with many resources, such as encyclopedias and other reference books, to practice analyzing pictures, charts, graphs, and other visual aids to support their reading comprehension
- It may be helpful to supplement the PowerPoint with other resources, such as nonfiction texts and posters, if introducing the concept of visual literacy to learners
- Provides samples of student work
- The information is well-organized in columns, charts, and boxes
- The PowerPoint emphasizes the rationale behind using visual literacy, but it does not provide many actionable strategies for classroom use