What do you really know about the common cold? Introduce learners to viruses, their components, and how they use host cells to replicate and infect more cells. Pupils identify the type of virus that causes the common cold and get clarification on some misconceptions about the cold, such as what causes a cold and how to best treat it.
- Show the video as an introduction to viruses and viral replication
- Use as a hook during cold and flu season to engage scholars in a discussion of misconceptions about viruses
- Basic background knowledge of cell replication is useful
- Narrator is engaging and funny
- Video has great real-world applications