This Vertical Farming video also includes:
Half of crops from traditional farming never get harvested, while 90 percent of crops from vertical farming go into the food supply. As land runs out for farming and the need for crops increases, could vertical farming solve the problem? Scholars learn about where vertical farming works and its pros and cons before holding an informed discussion to finish the seventh lesson in the 13-part unit on Our Hungry Planet.
- Find the closest vertical farm and, if possible, visit it
- Research the largest vertical farm and the amount of food it produces
- Relies on prior knowledge of traditional farming practices
- Provides discussion questions encouraging higher-level thinking skills
- Includes a document with more detail than the video