This Vengeful Verbs in Shakespeare’s “Hamlet” lesson plan also includes:
It's time for pupils to read, examine, and contemplate literature to explore the difference between vivid and generic verbs. Pupils distinguish between the two types of verbs as they read the ghost scene from Shakespeare's Hamlet. They finish by completing a fun crossword puzzle to demonstrate understanding.
- Find pictures of ghosts and additional resources at the website Hamlet on the Ramparts
- Provide a thesaurus for extra support
- Provide students with a copy of the primary text for the lesson: Hamlet, act I, scene 5, lines 13-31
- A pre-reading activity suggests that teachers read an excerpt from a classic ghost story (see Activity 1 for suggestions)
- Combines literary analysis with grammar instruction
- Addresses various learning styles, including kinesthetic