Curing cancer with ... another virus? Chemotherapy and radiation are not the only ways to treat cancer. Now, there is a unique treatment involving infecting cells with viruses. Viewers discover why the innovative treatment does not affect normal cells, while it destroys cancer cells.
- Introduce pupils to the viral effects on cells with a unique example of viral infection
- Extend learning about regulatory genes, such as p53
- Identify alternative cancer treatments
- Expects scholars have knowledge of p53 and its role in cells
- Interesting topic involving cancer research
- Descriptive graphics provide a good representation of what is happening in the cell