This Unmasking the Truth Behind the Red Death lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
"The Masque of the Red Death" provides readers with an opportunity to research and plan a presentation about a topic related to Edgar Allen Poe's classic short story.
23 Views 22 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Divide the class into groups and assign each a different topic or reference to research: allegory, allusion, Prospero, masques, the arrangement of the rooms in the castle, the colors and order of the colors of the rooms and Poe's "Theory of Composition"
- The activity asks groups to investigate connections to Poe's life and to epidemics rather than the literary merits of the tale
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes lesson plan versions designed for 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades grades
- Also included is a vocabulary list
- No rubric is included