This Unit 4: Starting and Finishing Emails unit also includes:
Time to get started, and finish up! Budding business scholars get wise to the ways of beginning and ending e-mails. The fourth lesson in a series of nine career education and skills activities examines formal versus informal ways of corresponding via e-mail with colleagues, friends, and managers.
- Work with the group to brainstorm a list of other common informal greetings and closings
- Check pupils' progress after each task before they begin the next to ensure they are on the right track
- Depending upon the age of the class, students may be less familiar with business letter structure, so consider providing some examples to work through together
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The lesson contains relevant examples for actual professional situations
- Tasks are chunked nicely and build skills from one to the next