This Unit 4: Bioethics and the Future of Biotechnology unit also includes:
What's the future of biotechnology? Explore a hot topic in the fourth and final unit in a series of Biotechnology lessons. Learners develop an understanding of the many issues in bioethics, then create an argument for or against the role of biotechnology in human development.
- As an opener, have pupils list physical traits they would alter, such as height or hair color
- Incorporate student-written arguments into a spirited in-class debate
- Order a copy of the video in advance of the unit
- The activities encourage independent thought and provide an opportunity to practice scientific argument writing
- Extensions make the unit easy to expand upon for advanced classes