This Tribal Government: High School lesson plan also includes:
Did you know there are 567 federally recognized American Indian and Native Alaskan tribes and villages in the United States alone? The resource helps break down the complexities of many different tribal societies to explain the concept of tribal government to high schoolers. Scholars read primary source documents, complete Internet research, fill out various graphic organizers, and participate in an educational class discussion.
- Teach a complementary lesson on the human geography of various tribes to give learners more context
- The resource acts as the final installment in the seven-part Local Government-High School unit
- Requires a free iCivics account to gain access to all materials
- Provides answer key for easy class discussion and grading
- Gives flipped class options, such as assigning learners to do research using the Internet at home
- Includes ideas to build and enhance media literacy skills through extension activities