This Trapezoidal and Midpoint Approximations: Area of a Skirt interactive also includes:
When are trapezoids better than rectangles? Using trapezoids pupils approximate the area of fabric defined by a function. Just like with rectangles, learners realize the more trapezoids the more accurate the approximation. Scholars use the method to estimate the area under other function curves.
- Compare the approximations of the area under the curve using the trapezoids and left and right rectangles
- Individuals should know how to calculate integrals
- Must sign up for a free login account to access the interactive
- Allows the user to see the correct answer
- The additional material includes more examples and problems