This Transformation Basics handout & reference also includes:
Transformations are more than the process in which sports cars become fighting robots. Listed in terms of which transformations give congruent or similar figures, several resources provide definitions and examples of the four basic transformations.
- Use the resource as an introduction to the unit on similar and congruence
- Have pupils create a graphic organizer in order to keep up with the definitions presented
- Hand drawings of congruent figures do not always look congruent
- The introduction is part two in an 11-part unit on congruence and similarity
- The resources use pictures in order to explain transformations
- The handout introduces pupils to how to refer to pre-images, images using prime notation