This Toward a Smarter Grid video also includes:
Did you realize that the latest innovations in technology get their electrical power from a system that's 100 years old? Help pupils make sense of the power grid using a short video and related questions. The lesson, part of NOVA's energy unit, focuses on the components a smart, upgraded power grid would contain to save power and operate more efficiently.
- Enhance the lesson using an interactive from the US Department of Energy
- Link the resource to the real world by having the class discuss their experience with power failures
- Provide a little background information about the power grid before starting the video
- Printable teacher's resources help you ensure the class grasps the content
- Printable student questions are handy for a quick quiz or class work grade