Get your class members thinking about a reading passage's topic, main idea, supporting details, and theme with this interactive presentation that asks scholars to define, locate, and review each term.
197 Views 167 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Print the slides with space for notes so learners can jot down information and keep for future reference
- Using a book your class is currently reading, identify and discuss the story's topic, main idea, supporting details, and theme
- Slide eight assumes scholars have read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Calvin and Hobbs is used to provide laughter and as a learning tool to reinforce the importance of providing supporting details
- Definitions are concise and clearly written
- Answers to questions are written in a yellow color that may be difficult for some viewers to see