This Tools of the Trade lesson plan also includes:
Did you know every state in the U.S. has at least one observatory? During the activity, scholars research the cost of building and maintaining an observatory. They must present their information in a proposal to build a new observatory, and the class decides which proposals to fund with limited resources.
- Visit an observatory so pupils can better connect to the material
- Have an astronomer speak to the class at the end of the lesson
- Requires prior knowledge of the electromagnetic spectrum, radiation, observatories, and telescopes
- Lesson follows a 5E format
- Includes a scoring rubric for easier grading