How can someone manipulate language to describe an essential resource such as water? Pupils consider the question with the second episode from season one of the There's a Poem for That playlist. Learners watch an animated version of the poem "To Make Use of Water" by Safia Elhillo. As the narrator reads the poem line by line, captivating graphics tell the story visually.
- Challenge individuals to write their own poems about a necessity, such as food or air
- Have small groups discuss what their lives would be like without reliable access to water
- Requires a projector and speakers for showing the video
- Includes a link to an interview with the poet
- Animations help make the poem more concrete and accessible