This To Film School or Not To Film School instructional video also includes:
Conservatory approach or liberal arts film approach? Or self-taught? That is the question prospective filmmakers must decide when considering a film school. A helpful video ponders whether it's better to study a single craft within the field, like editing or cinematography, or to study a broader approach that looks at filmmaking as a whole. It also considers eschewing the school approach altogether and serving as an apprentice.
- Pause the video frequently to permit viewers to ask question, clarify understanding, and list topics they would like to research in greater depth
- Episode 14 in the 15-part Crash Course "Film: History, Production, and Criticism" playlist
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The narrator discusses the benefits and draw backs of the many options
- The episode ends with a recap of the major points presented in the video