This Tippy Tap Plus Piping activity & project also includes:
Getting water to a tap requires an understanding the fundamentals of fluid flow. Groups design, build, and test a piping system to get water from the source — a five gallon bucket — to a tippy tap. The objective is to be able to fill that tippy tap quickly without losing precious water in the process.
- Work examples using Bernoulli’s equation
- Requires piping materials and a tippy tap
- Class should be familiar with the design process
- Provides directions to build a tippy tap if one is not available
- Includes an answer document with the mathematics worked out
- The worksheet page does not provide much room to work out the solutions