This Tie Breaker assessment also includes:
Develop a tie-breaking policy to determine a league champion. The assessment presents a scenario of finding a champion of a league with three teams tied. Pupils devise and defend a system that allows for only one team to be determined the champion.
- Find out how local leagues determine their champions
- Provide limits to the number of criteria to use
- Print the assessment so the first and second pages can be seen simultaneously
- Tailor the document to meet needs of your classroom, as the resource downloads as an editable copy
- The rubric outlines the point allotments for the four criteria
- Answer key provides a list of possible criteria that might be used