What does despair feel like, and what does it look like? Pupils explore the theme of sadness with the sixth episode from the first season of the "There's a Poem for That" playlist. They watch an animated representation of Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz's poem "Three Months After" as the narration and pictures evoke strong feelings from viewers.
- Have students research and locate other poems by the poet and read them aloud
- Requires projection and speakers
- Includes some sensitive topics, such as grief and depression
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a link to an interview with the poet
- The author narrates the poem, which lends authenticity to the viewing experience