Countless peaceful protests occur in a healthy democracy, thanks to the forefathers of civil disobedience. Teach pupils about the importance of civil disobedience and a powerful minority with a video on Henry David Thoreau, which includes visual aids and primary sources as reference points.
- Differentiate for English learners by enabling the subtitles function
- Flip the classroom through assigning the video as a homework activity
- The second in a series of 13, the video is ideal for a unit on political theory
- The narrator speaks about the subject in a way that keeps scholars focused
- Connections between concepts in United States history, such as the abolitionist movement and election of President Polk, make for an effective integrated lesson