This Thomas Edison: Inventor and Entrepreneur lesson plan also includes:
How many of Thomas Edison's inventions do your scholars use every day? They might be shocked to find out! Young historians watch a video, analyze a photograph, and read one of Edison's letters to learn more about his life and impact. They follow up with a culminating activity to reflect on Edison's contributions and how those affect their lives today.
- Create an invention laboratory in the classroom to mirror Edison's
- Place today's versions of Edison's inventions around the classroom to aid with the final assignment
- Print and post around the classroom photos of Edison's lab and inventions prior to the lesson
- Lesson is designed for 20-40 minutes, pace activities accordingly
- Provides questions to use as students watch the video
- Resource contains printable graphic organizer to help with the final activity