Why do people have scientific theories but not scientific facts? A quick video presentation defines scientific theory and the components necessary for developing a theory. The presenter emphasizes the difference between scientific proof and scientific theory.
- Have pupils record new vocabulary in graphic organizers in their notebooks
- Ask learners to define the concept of proof as a lesson opener
- Expects an understanding of gravity and its properties
- Offers closed captioning in multiple languages to support note taking and understanding
- Uses humor to add interest to the lesson